The right hand protection can support your workout goals and protect your palms from injury, but there’s more to weightlifting success than any simple pair of gloves can provide. Your hand protection, like any other aspect of your gear, should be as tough and long-lasting as you are, and should be able to comfortably stand up to whatever challenges you deal out. Can your workout gloves pass the test? Ask yourself these questions, and if you answer no to more than three of them, it might be time for a change.
Your Hand Protection: Questions
- Do your workout gloves allow a full range of motion? If your hands can’t move freely, your technique is probably being compromised. Poor technique means slower results. Give yourself every advantage at the gym.
- Smell your gloves. Do they smell fresh, or do they stink? If so, that’s the aroma of thriving mildew and bacteria. Don’t expose yourself to infections or clammy hands. Toss those gloves and replace them with Gripads today.
- Have you had the same gloves for the last year or more? Great! But if you’ve had to replace your gloves more than once or twice, they aren’t standing up to your tough workouts. Try durable Gripads instead.
- Look at your hands. Are they clean and smooth? Are they callus-and-injury free? Are you proud or embarrassed to shake hands with an employer during a job interview? If you can’t be proud of your handshake, you need better hand protection at the gym.
- Are you thinking about your hands too much while you work out? If you’re focusing fully on your next move, your hand protection is working. But if your hands are aching, clammy, sweaty, confined, not breathing properly, or otherwise distracting you, your gloves may be the problem. See if Gripads can make a difference.